St. Elias Antiochian Orthodox Church in La Crosse was built from 1909-1917 by a handful of Syrian/Lebanese immigrants pursuing a new life in the United States. Our church was designated a historic site by the city’s Historic Preservation Commission in 2001.
Our diverse parish adds a rich and lasting dimension to the faith community in the greater La Crosse area. All who seek to know the faith practiced by the first Christians are welcome!
A few recent contributions have been:
- Serving meals to the homeless
- A diaper network for new mothers
- Working with imprisoned individuals
- Building a Little Free Pantry
- Sharing our heritage through the annual Mediterranean Festival
St. Elias Church has a capacity for only 40 people and limited accessibility. An expansion is needed for visitors and families, designed to preserve the historical integrity of the original building. Our plans also include two domes, which have cultural and spiritual significance.
This expansion allows us to grow the parish, welcome more guests and do more good in the world. Our century-old church adds to the beauty of the North Side. In order to share our past and secure our future, the hard-working families of our parish have committed to making this project happen for the glory of God and for the enduring impact on our community.
Building expenses are estimated between $1.5 million - $2 million. We invite you to invest in this historic project, helping to bring added beauty, hope and cultural interest to La Crosse and beyond.
- Accessible (ADA) entrance & Limited Use Limited Accessibility (LULA) Elevator
- New staircase connecting lower level & first floor
- New dome
CAN WE COUNT ON YOUR SUPPORT?
1. Make a secure online donation on our website
2. Mail a check:
St. Elias Orthodox Church
716 Copeland Ave
P.O. Box 3176
La Crosse, WI 54602-3176
3. Text 01church to 1-608-719-4454
4. Submit the donation pledge form