You are cordially invited to visit St. Elias Orthodox Church in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Our church is a parish of the Diocese of Toledo and the Midwest of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America.
St. Elias Orthodox Church exists to glorify God, share the Tradition of the Apostolic Faith and serve as a beacon of Christ’s love to mankind.
We live this mission through:
- Participation in the sacramental life and liturgical cycles of the church.
- Education and study of Orthodoxy, available to children and adults within our parish and inquirers.
- Outreach to the larger community, through events, charitable works and witness of our faith.
- Fellowship, hospitality and volunteer opportunities that allow all to give freely of their time, talent and treasure, for the glory of God.
- A forward-thinking Parish Council and Committees, dedicated to ensuring the growth and future success of our parish for generations to come.
For over a century St. Elias Church has been the Orthodox heart of the La Crosse, WI region. A historic site with connections to the past but also a vital and living community of faith celebrating the tradition and beauty of Eastern Orthodox Christianity. We welcome you to our website, encourage you to ask questions, and join with us in our life and worship.
All are welcome to join us for our services.
Beginning Saturday, April 24th, there will no longer be a limit of 16 people attending our services. What is being asked of you is to sit no more than 3 people in a row, unless you are of the same family. Metropolitan JOSEPH is requiring the wearing of masks at all times. There are three exceptions to the mask requirement. The first is when there are 6 or fewer people spread out in the church, a mask will not be required. The second is that the chanters will not be required to wear a mask. The third is if you have a health problem preventing the wearing of a mask. Please don't come if you are ill, have not been practicing social distancing or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19.